Gwera is a fintech and web3 expert with an interest in where both areas intersect and what kind of impact it allows. She’s worked globally, building and scaling fintechs, and now leads crypto at Africa’s largest payments hub, MFS Africa to unlock the next generation of African growth.
After spending time in the trenches with her own African cross-border payments venture, she joined UK neobank Monzo to scale their C-Ops and internal product as the company grew from 100k to 4M customers. Gwera’s global expertise comes from her time at fintech consultancy 11:FS, where she built neobanks, advised fintechs, regulators and incumbents on truly digital financial services. At 11:FS, Gwera built out the consultancy’s web3 advisory business.
Gwera founded Women Who Build Africa, a community designed to bring together women and non-binary people building for Africa. She also hosts crypto@scale Podcast, Africa’s first crypto podcast focused on the utility of crypto in driving the next generation of growth in Africa.
- Bringing DeFi Lending to the Real WorldMay 11, 2023
- Africa's Peer-to-Peer StoryApril 25, 2023
- In Centralised Exchanges We Trust?April 11, 2023
- The Role of Big Tech in the Future of WorkApril 6, 2023
- Stablecoins: Africa's Killer Crypto AppMarch 30, 2023
- Introducing crypto@scaleMarch 28, 2023